CONSIGN AND EARN
WHAT IS CONSIGNMENT?
We will help you sell your items and take a fee for that. When you bring your items in to us, we will select items that we believe will sell. You receive money or store credit after your items sell.
WHEN CAN I BRING ITEMS IN?
We accept items for consignment by appointment only. Please call the store at 888-889-8990 to schedule. Would you like us to come to you and pick up your items? If they meet our criteria, we would be happy to offer pick up service to most areas. Call the store at 888-889-8990 for more info.
WHAT ITEMS WILL YOU ACCEPT?
We accept woman’s better brand clothing in size 12 and up, purses and accessories purchased within the last 2-3 years.
ITEMS WE WILL ACCEPT:
- Quality women’s clothing, size 12 & up, Macy’s or better.
- Accessories such as belts, scarves, handbags
- Select costume jewelry
- Designer Shoes (worn once or twice max)
ITEMS WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Undergarments or Lingerie
- Clothing from Wal-Mart, Kmart, Target, Old Navy, Kohl’s
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Pre-sort your items prior to bringing them to ensure there are no items that won’t meet our standards (stained, ripped, out of date, wrong season).
- Freshly launder and press those items you wish to consign. We cannot accept items that need ironing.
- Please limit the number of items you bring in to 20 at any time.
- Items must be brought in on hangers or be wrinkle free upon arrival. Your hangers are returned to you if you wish. Items such as jeans or soft knits may be folded in tubs. No garbage bags please!
- ITEMS WITH ODORS (smoke, perfume, musty), STAINS, DAMAGE OR EXCESS WEAR WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please do not use FREBREZE on your clothing. Items left with us later found to be unacceptable are automatically donated. It is your responsibility to present items in salable condition.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF CONSIGNMENT VS. GARAGE SALE?
We do all the work! We will
- consign your items for 60 days
- do all the advertising
- provide dressing rooms
- display items nicely in our store
- save you hours of labor
- make you more money!
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
When you bring items in, we will select and price items that are best suited to our customers. Please understand if we cannot accept an item, we want only the best for our customers, which hopefully includes you!
You will be asked to review and sign the Consignment Agreement while we do a quick pre-sort of your items
The consignment period is 60 days. You will receive a receipt stating the date your consignment period ends, along with a copy of the agreement.
ABUNDANT STYLE sets the selling price based on supply, demand, quality, condition and style. If you have pricing concerns, please discuss this with us BEFORE you leave, not after your items are tagged. Your items will be entered into our computerized database, priced, tagged and put on the selling floor within 48 hours.
If you want to retrieve any unsold items at the end of your consignment period, you have 5 days to do so. Items not reclaimed within 5 days become the property of ABUNDANT STYLE to dispose of as we see fit, including sale or donation.
DURING THE CONSIGNMENT PERIOD:
Your items will remain on the sales floor for 60 days. Periodic sales and/or markdowns will take place at our discretion.
You will receive 40% of the selling price for the item (30% for pick up service). If you choose to use your earnings as store credit, it will be increased in value by 10% at the time of purchase. All items are tagged with the sales floor price which includes a nominal item fee paid to Abundant Style, by the buyer, at the time of purchase.
If you wish, you may check your account online to see what has sold and how much money is in your account. Otherwise, please feel free to stop in or call any time to check the status of your account
HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN MY ITEMS HAVE SOLD?
It is the consignor’s responsibility to contact us regarding your account.
With your permission and a valid email address, we can give you access to your account on our website, where you can see what has sold and how much money is owed to you.
Payment for sold items is available upon request. Stop by anytime for monies owed to you, or use it as store credit. It is worth 10% more if you use it as store credit. Checks are not automatically sent out, but they are prepared on demand. Just ask and we will issue you a check. Cash is only available if we have it on hand in the register.
We do our best to safeguard your items, but we are not responsible for damage or loss.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY ITEMS DO NOT SELL?
After 65 days, unclaimed unsold items become the property of Abundant Style to dispose of in various ways, including sale and donation.
WHAT IF I WANT MY UNSOLD ITEMS BACK?
You may indicate when you drop items off for consignment that you want to reclaim unsold items. We will send you an itemized receipt for your items that has the pick up date on it. You have 5 days after the expiration of the consignment period to reclaim these items. Please call us in advance and we will pull your unsold items for you.
Please mark your calendar with the pick-up date we provide you, we cannot call our hundreds of consignors to remind them of their pick-up dates.